We offer a FREE Women’s Self Defense Seminar every month. Contact us to reserve your spot today!
Join us and learn how to use natural body movements to evade, escape, and defend against an attacker of any size. Because our art is based on using body position, balance, and leverage rather than brute force it is well suited to women. The basic strategy of our art encourages awareness, creative thinking and use of the environment around you to aide in a threatening situation. In addition to learning some great self defense skills, you will have fun, improve your balance and coordination, and get some exercise. We are proud to offer all of this in a safe, clean, and welcoming environment.
Our Women’s Self Defense classes are geared toward women of any experience level. Girls 13-18 are welcome if accompanied by an parent/guardian.
No commitment is required, though we do encourage participants to attend multiple classes and practice regularly in order to build and refine the skills we teach.
- Striking and Kicking: How (and Where) To Hit Like You Mean It
- Escaping from Wrist Grabs
- Escaping from Body Grabs
- Defending from the Ground
- Strategies for Defending Against Blunt and Bladed Weapons
- Improvised Weapons for Self Defense: Everything is a Weapon (If You Know How to Use It)
- Strategies for Dealing with Multiple Attackers
- Reaction Training (Fight, Flight, or Freeze)
No special equipment is required to participate. Please wear comfortable clothing that you can move in. Be sure to bring a pair of socks and tie long hair back.
This class is taught Vanessa Spindle. She is a Certified Instructor with over 25 years of martial arts experience and several years of teaching experience. Vanessa is also available for private lessons and seminars at a variety of times.